[rrd-users] Re: stdout with mod_perl and rrdtool

Todd Caine todd_caine at eli.net
Fri Sep 8 23:57:11 MEST 2000

Tobi,

I don't quite understand how this would be implemented.  I modified rrd_graph.c with the
following changes:

rrd_graph accepts one more parameter (int *fd_num)
graph_paint() does not close FILE *fo if the filename is '-' or '::return'
graph_paint() returns the 0 upon success as usual unless the filename was '::return' then it
returns the fileno of FILE *fo

Then, I modified rrd_graph() in RRDs.xs to return an additional parameter

Now my question; is this what you meant by returning the handle to the in memory image?  Also,
how will the file descriptor get closed now?

PS.  Everything seemed to compile just fine, although I haven't had a chance to see if the new
functionality works yet.

Cheers,
todd

 <!-- Todd Caine - tcaine at eli.net