[rrd-users] using rrd to do traffic accounting

Jans, Jasper Jasper.Jans at KPNQwest.com
Tue Sep 19 21:56:29 MEST 2000

All,

I hope to be able to get some help for my problem here..
I need to do the following.. my boss wants me to make
graphs of total traffic coming in and going out on one
of the interfaces of our linux servers - and besides a
total also give him a graph of traffic per ip (range)
to see how much each customer uses.
I can create accounting rules with ipchains and read
out the bytes passed in these - that way i can create
a rule for all incoming, all outgoing and for each of
the ranges of ip addresses - no problem there..

my problem start when i have to graph this.. how do i
use rrd to make a graph of all traffic and draw in there
the amount of traffic per ip(range) so you can see how much
each customer contributed to the total traffic.

Can anyone give me an example of a configuration of how
to tacle this problem? It would be highly apreciated.

Thanks,
J.