[rrd-users] How do I Sum with scaling?

Robert Sexton robert at kudra.com
Sat Sep 30 14:33:37 MEST 2000

This one is hard to explain.  I have packet counts, and I want to
include an aggregate number in the graph.  ie: 1.6GB transferred.

I tried using prev, and multiplying each datapoint by a scaling factor
(in this case, 60).  The problem is that I can only determine the
scaling factor by knowing hte relationship between the rrd data and
the graph.

Is there anyway to retrive the duration of the current sample, or does
anybody have tips on how to get a reliable sum?

--
Robert Sexton - robert at kudra.com, Cincinnati OH, USA
Try FreeBSD <http://www.freebsd.org>