[rrd-users] MRTG and RRDTool Options

Jason Frisvold Jason.Frisvold at corp.ptd.net
Wed Apr 4 21:55:07 MEST 2001

I did a little testing and I think I've found out what works and does not
work with MRTG when you choose to use logformat:rrdtool...

If anyone has any experience with this, please let me know if I am
correct...  :

First off, Title and Pagetop do nothing when using rrdtool, but are required
by MRTG anyways.  (Well, at least until I hack it out)

The only options that do anything are gauge, absolute, and unknaszero.

Other than those, you need to specify Target (Duh!) and MaxBytes (Optionally
Maxbytes1 and Maxbytes 2).  And lastly, the MRTG Specific configuration
settings (Workdir, Forks, Interval, NoMib2, SingleRequest,
LoadMIBs,LogFormat,LibAdd,PathAdd, and RunAsDaemon) can be set up.

So is that all?  The rest of the MRTG configuration options are useless?  I
want to be sure I'm right before going on with my project....

Thanks,

Jason H. Frisvold
Senior ATM Engineer
Engineering Dept.