[rrd-users] Re: RRDs::fetch perl method

Daniel J McDonald dmcdonald at digicontech.com
Sat Apr 7 00:00:00 MEST 2001

> From: steve rader
>  > From: "Daniel J McDonald"
>  > So, either the -r flag doesn't work, or I've  misinterpreted what it
does..

> "man rrdfetch" for -r reads
>
>  [...] will return data even if no absolute match is possible
>
> I think "absolute match" does not refer to the specified
> resolution like you'd think but rather the start/end times.

Ah, that clears things up...

>  -r 86400 -s -2days -e -1day
>
> will fetch 86400 second resolution data
>
> But
>
>  -r 86400 -s -25hours -e -1hour
>
> fetches 7200 second resolution data.

and -r 86400 -s -36h -e -12h fetches 14400 second resolution data...

> Having said that, I can't explain why I find that
>
>  -r 86400 -s -86400 -e now
>
> returns 300 second interval resolution data?!

yes, that does cloud things up a bit...

I did find the bug in my perl script - bad path to my rrd file - but I still
don't know why I couldn't walk through the module with the debugger...

I'll attack the problem from here.  Thanks!