[rrd-users] Re: script to cisco router

Clifton Royston cliftonr at lava.net
Mon Apr 9 22:07:48 MEST 2001

On Mon, Apr 09, 2001 at 12:55:31PM -0200, shonorio at alpargatas.com.br wrote:
> Connie,
>
> I interested in all these information if possible.
>
> I agree you about "understand monitoring performance". Is this case I mean get
> basic informations about my route (traffic, erros, CPU and memory, users of my
> links, nature of the traffic), and almost information that I can get and could
> be important for one network administrator.
>
> I just started my Cisco studend and because this I don't know all the
> information that I can get in a Cisco router.
>
> I'd appreciate any help.

What you need is a "front-end" which will collect this data from the
router; RRD is only the storage portion.  I suggest you go to
<http://ee-staff.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/frontends/index.html>
and look through some of these.

MRTG is one of the most popular; I use Cricket, and there are others.

  -- Clifton

 Clifton Royston  --  LavaNet Systems Architect --  cliftonr at lava.net
   WWJD?   "JWRTFM!" - Scott Dorsey (kludge)   "JWG" - Eddie Aikau