[rrd-users] Re: rrdtool fetch returns in scientific notation (help!)

Sandor W. Sklar ssklar at stanford.edu
Thu Apr 12 01:06:19 MEST 2001

thanks, I see now the difference between COUNTER and GAUGE.  However,
when I change that datatype in my "create" statement, and then store
the values and do the fetch, I now get ...

                       aio

  987015000: NaNQ
  987015300: 3.0000000000e+00
  987015600: 4.0000000000e+00
  987015900: 5.0000000000e+00
  987016200: 5.0000000000e+00
  987016500: 5.0000000000e+00
  987016800: 6.0000000000e+00
  987017100: 7.0000000000e+00
  987017400: 8.0000000000e+00
  987017700: 1.0000000000e+01
  987018000: 1.0000000000e+01
  987018300: 1.0000000000e+01
  987018600: 1.1000000000e+01
  987018900: 1.2000000000e+01
  987019200: 1.2000000000e+01
  987019500: NaNQ

could this be an operating system/compiler combo quirk?

Thanks again!
--Sandy

--
sandor w. sklar