[rrd-users] Very Large RRD files

Mark Smith mark.smith at comdev.cc
Sat Apr 21 01:26:35 MEST 2001

I'd like to make a very large RRD file, with upwards of 150 Datasources
and 8 to 10 RRAs per datasource.  But it looks like create isn't ment to
take command lines that long.  Is there a way to split the command up
into multiple lines, or to add a datasource to a file after it's been
created?

The documentation doesn't really address this sort of issue.  It tends
to assume small files with only a few data sources per file.  It doesn't
make mention of adding a data source after the fact, at least, not that
I could see.  Anyone else have any luck with this?

Thanks for your help in advance!
-Mark