[rrd-users] Re: static linked rrdtool

Mark Smith mark.smith at comdev.cc
Mon Apr 23 22:23:06 MEST 2001

As an alternate to statically linking it, you can put the appropriate
librarys in the chrooted sandbox.  Arguably not as secure, but it does
work.  It depends on why you want the chroot, I guess.

You can use ldd to tell you which libraries are needed by a given
executable:

% ldd rrdtool
         libm.so.6 => /lib/libm.so.6 (0x4001b000)
         libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x40038000)

...for example...

To answer the question you actually asked, I don't know how..  I've
never bothered to think about it.  :)

-Mark