[rrd-users] Re: Ok, Thresholds and mailing

Josh Goldfarb jgoldfarb at KodiakComputer.com
Fri Apr 27 16:52:28 MEST 2001

Just making sure it got sent ...

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Josh Goldfarb
	Sent: Friday, April 27, 2001 10:46 AM
	To: 'rrd-users'
	Cc: mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch
	Subject: Ok, Thresholds and mailing

	Ok now is my turn again for thresholds.. this time I will paste
a little piece of config file.

	Target[UnionDC-atworkInternets1]: #Et2/0:monitor @ x.x.24.1:
<mailto:#Et2/0:monitor @ x.x.24.1:>
	SetEnv[UnionDC-atworkInternets1]: MRTG_INT_IP="10.252.0.2"
MRTG_INT_DESCR="Serial2/0"
	MaxBytes[UnionDC-atworkInternets1]: 193000
	ThreshMinI[UnionDC-atworkInternets1]: 12000
	# upper limit you don't want to be crossed for INPUT traffic
	ThreshMaxI[UnionDC-atworkInternets1]: 17200
	# prog to run when any of the two limits is crossed
	ThreshProgI[UnionDC-atworkInternets1]: threshold.bat

	# lower limit you don't want to be crossed for OUTPUT traffic
	ThreshMinO[UnionDC-atworkInternets1]: 12000
	# upper limit you don't want to be crossed for OUTPUT traffic
	ThreshMaxO[UnionDC-atworkInternets1]: 17200
	# prog to run when any of the two limits is crossed
	ThreshProgO[UnionDC-atworkInternets1]: threshold.bat
	#That may be enough, but you can define a variable that can
describe better the problem (optional)
	ThreshDesc[UnionDC-atworkInternets1]: "Alert with
UnionDC-atworkInternets1"
	#Now you can see the .bat files

	Title[UnionDC-atworkInternets1]: UnionDC - @home Internet Router
Serial2/0
	PageTop[UnionDC-atworkInternets1]: <H1>UnionDC - @home Internet
Router Serial2/0</H1>
	 <TABLE>
	   <TR><TD>Max Speed:</TD>  <TD>193.0 kBytes/s</TD></TR>
	 </TABLE>

	Now in the batch file.. as you can see I named it
"threshold.bat"   and it basically says
	Now >> threshold.txt    "just trying to output to a file first"
but if anyone can help me with email option instead of output Option i
would greatly appreciate it

	Also if you are wondering I am running the batch file from
c:\mrtg\bin   that is where .cfg file is as well

	thanks

	josh

	P.S  I would like to thanks JB for getting me started with
thresholds