[rrd-users] Graphing PNG segmentation fault

dcj21 dcj21 at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 30 15:05:47 MEST 2001

I've got rrdtool 1.0.33 installed on a HPUX 10.20 platform. It generates gif graphs just fine. However, when I specify png graphs, I get a segmentation fault(core dumped) error and the graph is created as an empty file.

I have MRTG 2.9 installed and it generates png files file. I uses the libpng and zlib  packages I installed from the HP-UX porting archive. I was thinking I may need to tell rrdtool to compile with my precompiled libraries instead of the ones that come with the distribution.

BTW - I had 1.029 installed and it did the same.

Derek C. Jones
RCDD/LAN, CCNA, CCDA, MCSE, CNE
http://www.geocities.com/dcjones21/