[rrd-users] RRDcgi example

José Maria Costa Pereira jose.pereira at telecelvodafone.pt
Fri Aug 3 11:15:13 MEST 2001

Hi!

	I've tried to use "example 2" in the RRDcgi tutorial applied to my
routers, but I'm getting the follow error when opening the
http://mywebserver/test/scripts/example2.rrdcgi (this is not a valid URL!!)

	RRDCGI Example Page for

	(...)

	[ERROR: opening 'routers/.rrd': Nosuch file or directory]

I understand the nature of the error: <RRD::CV RRD_NAME> is equal to null
string!! ... but I don't know why!

Any help would be appreciated.

	Jose Maria Costa Pereira
	DRE - Corporate Networks
	jose.pereira at telecelvodafone.pt

Where is the source code of example2.rrdcgi

<HTML>
<HEAD>
	<TITLE>RRDCGI test</TITLE>
</HEAD>

 <BODY>

 <H1>RRDCGI Example Page for <RRD::CV RRD_NAME></H1>

 <H2>Selection</H2>
 <FROM><INPUT NAME=RRD_NAME TYPE=RADIO checked
VALUE=routerA_atm6_0.1-aal5_layer> router A <br>
	 <INPUT NAME=RRD_NAME TYPE=RADIO VALUE=routerB_atm6_0.2-aal5_layer>
router B <br>
	 <INPUT VALUE="GRAPH IT!" TYPE=SUBMIT> <br>
 </FROM>

 <H2>Graph</H2>
 <P>
 <RRD::GRAPH rrd_gifs/<RRD::CV RRD_NAME>.gif
	--start -1d --end now --vertical-label "bits per second" -h 300
	--lazy --title=<RRD::CV::QUOTE RRD_NAME>
	DEF:inoctets=routers/<RRD::CV::PATH RRD_NAME>.rrd:ds0:AVERAGE
	DEF:outoctets=routers/<RRD::CV::PATH RRD_NAME>.rrd:ds1:AVERAGE
	CDEF:inbits=inoctets,8,*
	CDEF:outbits=outoctets,8,*
	LINE1:inbits#FF00FF:"in bps"
	LINE1:outbits#0000FF:"out bps">

 </P>
 </BODY>

</HTML>

This message may contain confidential information or privileged material,
and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not in the
named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.
Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this
E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
incomplete, or contain viruses.  The sender therefore does not accept
liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which
arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please
request a hard-copy version.