[rrd-users] Sorry about the naging, but there`s more...

Kyrre Baker kyrre+lists at dvdkb.net
Mon Aug 6 19:17:26 MEST 2001

If I got it right from all the help i have received, and from the docs,
almost everything works just fine. The only thing i can`t figure out is why
my graphs only updates the "line" every hour?!

This URL: http://mrtg.dvdkb.net/show.php?filesh=weather_bergen got the
information I can`t figure out. The problem is best visible if you look at
it on "halfhour" or "ten to" one whole hour.

My 'cron' updates the database once every 5 minutes. This looks right now.
My database looks like this (no changes done):

rrdtool create weather_bergen.rrd -s 300 \
       DS:ds0:GAUGE:600:-100:100 \
       RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:200 \
       RRA:MIN:0.5:12:200 \
       RRA:MAX:0.5:12:200 \
       RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:12:200

And every 5 minutes i create the *.png`s like this:

/usr/local/bin/rrdtool graph /mrtg/images/weather.png \
        --vertical-label 'temp / (C)' \
        --upper-limit '40' \
        --lower-limit '-40' \
        --start -1d \
        --end now \
        --title 'Temperature, Bergen, Flesland (C) (day)' \
        --width '405' \
        --height '128' \
        --imgformat 'PNG' \
        --interlaced \
        'DEF:A=/mrtg/work/weather_bergen.rrd:ds0:AVERAGE' \
        'LINE2:A#CC0000:Temperature, Bergen, Flesland (C) (day)' \
        'GPRINT:A:MIN:(min=%.0lf' \
        'GPRINT:A:AVERAGE:ave=%.0lf' \
        'GPRINT:A:MAX:max=%.0lf)' \
        'COMMENT:\n'

It seems like the graphs won`t update becides "on the hour", but i see that
the PNG`s is created every time (5 minutes), and it`s the "line" that wont
hang on. Is the only sollution to set the "end" to -1h? All other graphs
than the "temperature" works just fine, but they are created by MRTG, and i
realy want to stop using this.

I can`t find anything in the docs about this kind of problems.

Thanks again...