[rrd-users] HTTP Request/SLA graphing

Alan Knipmeyer Alan.Knipmeyer at btlooksmart.net
Wed Aug 8 18:40:31 MEST 2001

Hiya,

I`m quite new to RRDtool, but am using a number of the front ends and am
happy with the results, though I can't get exactly what I want out, but
I`m sure with rrdtools diveristy it must be possible to meet my
objectives which are as follows :-

HTTP request graphs

I want to plot a daily/annual/yearly graph which containts the following
datasources :-

DNS lookup time
First K response time
Page load time
Total load time.

I am using NRG and the excellent TCP function for HTTP, but this dosn't
currently do sub-urls i.e. www.hamster.com/mypethamster/fluffy.html
which is a shame. I have looked at Orca, and am currently setting it up
to see if I can get it to meet my requirements.

Also I use netsaint and I find the netsaint trend graphs a tad
unreliable. I would like to setup a rrd for measuring SLA's for certian
things, mainly the websites, i.e.
http://www.hamster.com/mypethamster/fluffy.html would load within a
second.

I have tried cricket, but the graphs it produces are too large in there
time scale (my responses are <1 second, cricket graphs seem to be >1
second)

If anyone could help me, I would really appreciate it ! I am working on
doing this myself, but if anyone has done it already, I would be really
appreciate there assistance.