[rrd-users] CGI optimization

J. Michael Lipsey mlipsey at va.rr.com
Wed Aug 15 00:05:24 MEST 2001

I'm a bit of a novice on web server optimization  and was wondering if
anyone had some tips.

I just moved all of my MRTG/RRDtool stuff from a low end Ultra 5 to an E450.
I've noticed some small difference but not as much as I was hoping.  I have
mod_perl installed but that's about all I've done. My configs have a rather
large number of interfaces in them - so - I was planning on splitting them
out into small groups to attach to the 14all.cgi script so that the script
would not have to parse as much to build the graphs but that is all I have
come up with to make things faster.

Any help is appreciated.

J. Michael Lipsey
Network Engineer
RoadRunner Western Region
mlipsey at va.rr.com

This message sent with 100% recycled electrons...

-- Type: application/ms-tnef
-- Size: 1k (1988 bytes)