[rrd-users] Newbie Q: Small incremental increases in data.

Steve Fulton steve at esoteric.ca
Wed Aug 15 01:26:24 MEST 2001

Hi all,

  I've been using MRTG for some time, and I want to try my hand @ RRDTool.
One of the tasks I'd like RRDTool to do is to graph some data related to the
amount of viruses that my mail server virus scanning software has found...
(Un)fortunately, the number it processes is often less than 2 or 3 an hour.
I was never able to get MRTG to correctly graph such small changes, so I'd
like to know if RRDTool can before I start writing code to pass it the
data..  So, can RRDTool notice & properly graph such small incremental
increases in the data?  Or will it disappear into the ether?

  Thanks!

        -- Steve

---
"If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think
little of robbing; and from robbing he next comes to drinking and
Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination."
                -- Thomas De Quincey (1785 - 1859)