[rrd-users] Solved - Re: Take a few steps, DynaLoader prob

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Fri Aug 17 14:26:31 MEST 2001

After exchanging e-mails with a Alex and Tobi (thanks!),
I started looking at what exactly was causing the problem.

Turns out that after I upgraded perl, I had inadvertenly
unassociated the old RRDs.pm with the new install.  New
install didn't know about rrdtool (not sure why it needed
to know, but I fixed that and moved on to new and different
problems).

So I upgraded rrdtool to 1.0.33, and restarted httpd.  That
fixed a few more problems...I could now view my graphs that had
an hour of no data collection.  Realized that when I updated
where everything points, I forgot to move my symlink from
rrdtool-1.0.28 over to rrdtool-1.0.33 - DUH!  I did something
to make my life easier and had forgotten all about it.

I just kept looking at the path saying "Ok, it's got rrdtool,
why doesn't it work?" and Alex mentioned that it looked like
my new rrdtool was trying to update old rrds.  Hmm, took a
closer look and realized that little tidbit.  Everything is back
to working a-ok now...(and very fast too, I might add...)

Thanks,

Paul