[rrd-users] Re: Can't lock RRD.

Anders Ringaby julius at softwell.se
Thu Aug 30 11:29:05 MEST 2001

> > I just can't update the database.
> >rrdtool says something like: "Can't lock RRD".
>
> If two rrdtools try and update the rrd at the same time then you may get
> this message, but it shouldn't happen all the time.

Aha, that may be the reason. As I said in my first mail,
there was a hanging rrdtool process. Then, when the next
rrdtool process tries to update the database, this locking
problem occurs.

But then the next question arises: Why is rrdtool hanging
when trying to update?

> Are you using NFS by any chance? If so then this may be the reason. Make
> sure your rrds are on a local disk.

NFS is not involved. The rrds are on a local disk, on the same system.

Anders