[rrd-users] Setting upper and lower boundaries on graphs

Nicholas Tang ntang at mail.communityconnect.com
Tue Dec 4 21:43:39 MET 2001

I'm having a problem, as I can't figure out how to get the graph to output
the way I want it to.

I have a few rrds that are filled with disk usage data only - i.e. it's a
% from 0-100%.  I'd like the graph to scale from 0-100 rigidly, so that
regardless of the % full the bottom is always 0 and the top is always
100%.

I've tried using upper-limit=100, rigid, alt-autoscale, and
alt-autoscale-max (and several combinations of the above) without any
luck.

If I make the upper limit 100, and then set it to rigid, it will raise the
lower limit so the graph stretches from ~25-100, which isn't exactly like
I want.

Am I doing something wrong?  I'm confused here.  If anyone could help me,
I'd appreciate it.  (I looked through the list archives and the docs but
couldn't find an answer - if I was an idiot and just missed it, I
apologize in advance.)

Thanks,
Nicholas Tang