[rrd-users] Re: Setting upper and lower boundaries on graphs

Nicholas Tang ntang at mail.communityconnect.com
Wed Dec 5 17:19:10 MET 2001

On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Alex van den Bogaerdt wrote:

> You've just made the upper-limit rigid.  You also want a rigid
> lower-limit (set to 0).
>
> I think that's all there is to it.

Hmmm.  That worked... but I thought it wouldn't.

According to the docs:

-l|--lower-limit value (default autoconfigure)
This is not the lower limit of a graph. But rather, this is the maximum
lower bound of a graph. For example, the value -100 will result in a graph
that has a lower limit of -100 or less. Use this keyword to expand graphs
down.

Am I misinterpreting that?  It sounds to me that is supposed to be used
when you're graphing a negative graph and want it to go from 0 to -x
rather than 0 to +x.

That confused me.  Oh well.  It's working now - thanks.

Nicholas