[rrd-users] Re: installing RRD-tool problems

Gerhard Ecaroh Froehlich gerhard.froehlich at produktion.gis-online.de
Mon Dec 17 14:59:29 MET 2001

Hello,

"Parchack, Danny" wrote:

> Hi,
> I need the group help installing the Rrdtool on Sun Solaris 8 station:
> During make I received the following message:
>
> Making all in doc
> pod2man --release=1.0.33 --center=rrdtool rrdtool.pod  > rrdtool.1
> sh: pod2man: not found
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `rrdtool.1'
> Current working directory /usr/Danny/rrdtool-1.0.33/doc
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
>
> thanks
> Danny

You do not have a 'pod2man' in your Path. Mostly this depends on missing GNU
Tools or older perl-versions that ships with standard solaris. Make sure to have
all the nice GNU stuff like GCC, GNUmake and perl >= 5.005 on your system. This
should work. Try 'which pod2man' and 'which make' to find your stuff. If you
install additional GNU software make sure to have them in the right path (echo
$PATH ; setenv PATH /yournewpath:$PATH ; echo $PATH) and _first_ in PATH.

If this doesnot help, mail again.

Cheers, Ecaroh

--
Gerhard Ecaroh Froehlich, Systemadministrator
Real Time Investmentbanking (Team Breitenversorgung)