[rrd-users] Data entries not appearing

Paul Jennings pauljennings at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 26 18:32:32 MET 2001

Hello

I am gathering data from some wireless radios via
snmpget with a script that runs every five minutes.  I
set up a database for each radio with the following
command:

rrdtool create radio1.rrd --step 300
DS:btx:COUNTER:600:U:U DS:brx:COUNTER:600:U:U
DS:rssi:GAUGE:600:U:U RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:288
RRA:LAST:0.5:1:600

I have the script set up to dump the values to the
screen, so I know I'm getting them from snmpget.  The
script runs the following command to update the
database (the actual numbers are just examples...):

rrdtool update radio1.rrd N:16319:38384:78

If I try this command to view some data, all values
show NaN:

rrdtool fetch radio1.rrd LAST

I have also tried fetching the AVERAGE and using
"rrdtool dump", but both return NaN values.  Am I
doing something obviously wrong here?

Paul Jennings