[rrd-users] Re: Collection of statistics

Richard Rose rik+rrdtool at little-black-kitty.net
Mon Dec 31 17:05:38 MET 2001

On Mon, Dec 31, 2001 at 04:46:48PM +0100, Alex van den Bogaerdt wrote:
> Richard Rose wrote:
> Try to setup a firewall that logs the amount of traffic.
> You can then:
>    allow http in and count

Another good idea, but unfortunately, that counts packets, and therefore
SSH traffic will look wrong, compared to WWW traffic.

I think I'm going to have to write a custom BPF app that does packet
size couting. I was hoping to avoid using the BPF device, and therefore
keep it out of the kernel on this machine though...

rik