[rrd-users] Illegal Attempt to Update, v2
thomas at ripe.net
Thu Feb 8 16:24:04 MET 2001
Tobias Oetiker <oetiker at ee.ethz.ch> writes:
* Today Brian E. Seppanen wrote:
* | > Perhaps some system's time is wrong?
* | That appears to be exactly the problem. Thank you, my brain never would
* | have wrapped itself around that this morning. I never would have thought
* | it would boot with the time that far off. ntpdate fixed it.
* | Again, thanks,
* which proofs that it is a good thing that rrdtool refuses to jump
* around in time :-)
in this case... ;-)
i am monitoring bgp updates using rrdtool to visualise this. but it's neccessary to re-insert data sometimes (eg it data arrives late or because of some insertion delays, ...)
it would be nice to go back to a definite time starting inserting data again. i'm not thinking about working around this security feature ;-) but i think it would be nice if there where a new command like 'rrdtool goback myrrd.rrd -86400' to erase last day's data in order to refill it again.
how about adding this feature to rrdtool?
Unsubscribe mailto:rrd-users-request at list.ee.ethz.ch?subject=unsubscribe
Help mailto:rrd-users-request at list.ee.ethz.ch?subject=help
More information about the rrd-users