[rrd-users] Re: Perl - using shared library

Chris Marlow marlowc at us.ibm.com
Tue Feb 13 16:13:20 MET 2001

Hey all -

Using the Perl shared library still isnt' working... Here's what I have:

    $UpdateInfo = $TimeStamp . ":" . $BytesReceived . ":" . $BytesSent;

   RRDs::update($DatabaseFile,"$UpdateInfo");

    if ($ERROR = RRDs::error){
     print "Error on updating $DatabaseFile: $ERROR\n";
    }

Now, the error that I receive is:

     Error on updating /var/local/rrdtool-1.0.28/workdir/marlow..com.rrd: rrdopen can't open 'dummy': A file or directory in the path name does not
exist.

Any ideas where the program is getting 'dummy' from?  The $DatabaseFile is correct, and updateInfo is put together correctly.
If I pass the same argurements through a backtics shell call to rrdtool, it works fine....

Thanks -

Chris

-----
Christopher S. Marlow