[rrd-users] Re: stupid GRAPH COMMENT formatting question

Paul Pot paul_pot at nl.sonymusic.com
Tue Feb 13 16:03:29 MET 2001

Matt,

You can use the "COMMENT:\\n", on the locations where you want the linebreak.
See rrdtool.eu.org rrdtool graph for more to use

hth
paul
<#include standard.disclaimer>

I'm trying to display some comments on my graph of in and out traffic of a
router interface. Basically, the very simple, straightforward:
 Max  Average  Last
And obviously I want my stats to line up underneath. Basically, the rrdtool
graph command does not seem to accept any line breaks or tab sets...Is there
a way to do this? My rrdtool graph command is as follows:

/usr/local/bin/rrdtool graph $dir/$gif5
--start -1d
--title="Traffic for last day"
 --vertical-label "bits/sec"
--color CANVAS#DDDDDD
--color BACK#EEEEEE
--height 350 --width 600
DEF:inoctets=$rrdfile:input:AVERAGE DEF:outoctets=$rrdfile:output:AVERAGE
CDEF:inbits=inoctets,8,* CDEF:inpercent=inoctets,$MaxBytes,/,100,*
CDEF:outbits=outoctets,8,* CDEF:outpercent=outoctets,$MaxBytes,/,100,*
COMMENT:"Max Average Last\n"
AREA:inbits#FFCC00:"Inbound Traffic"
GPRINT:inbits:MAX:"%10.4lf %sbps"
GPRINT:inpercent:MAX:"(%04.2lf%%)"
GPRINT:inbits:AVERAGE:"%10.4lf %sbps" GPRINT:inpercent:AVERAGE:"(%04.2lf%%)"
GPRINT:inbits:LAST:"%10.4lf %sbps"
GPRINT:inpercent:LAST:"(%04.2lf%%)\n"
LINE1:outbits#CC66FF:"Outbound traffic"
GPRINT:outbits:MAX:"%10.4lf %sbps"