[rrd-users] Re: grapher.cgi slow?

Clifton Royston cliftonr at lava.net
Wed Feb 14 22:32:31 MET 2001

On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 09:25:07PM -0000, Martinez, Samson wrote:
> [...]

  That does seem unusually slow for a P200 (assuming that's a Pentium
Pro 200?)  We still have a few around here; they're pretty decent
workhorses, properly configured.  Have you checked your memory
utilisation to make sure you're not swapping to disk?  If so, spending
a small amount of money on RAM will boost performance more than any
amount of configuration tweaking.

  Assuming you find you've got free RAM, or you put more RAM in and
it's still slow, try installing mod_perl into Apache, or that speedcgi
mentioned.

  Finally, the cricket-users list at cricket.sourceforge.net is a good
general resource for cricket-specific questions.
  -- Clifton

 Clifton Royston  --  LavaNet Systems Architect --  cliftonr at lava.net
      The named which can be named is not the Eternal named.