[rrd-users] Re: Unexplained NaN's All over the show...

Andrew Kempe andrewk at is.co.za
Mon Feb 19 07:12:49 MET 2001

The examples work fine.

Because I'm really just abusing rrd to do my graphing (the actual data
storage is done for me already), I've taken to outputting the data to XML
and then using the RESTORE command. This seems to do the job fine.

What I was previously doing, and what was giving me grey hairs, was running
UPDATE for every data point. Seeing as this takes longer than the RESTORE
route, I've given up trying to work out what the problem was.

Thanks for the help though!

Oh, one last request/suggestion - I've noticed a number of people have
suggested a way to produce only the actual graph (and as little whitespace
around it as possible) which can be used as a thumbnail. I think this would
be a really usefull addition to an already brilliant piece of software!

Andrew