[rrd-users] perhaps a dummy question, but i got hang up ...

MERZKIRCH FRANK Frank.Merzkirch at siemens.lu
Thu Feb 22 16:46:17 MET 2001

well,

i read the tutorial to get familiar with rrd (i used to work with mrtg before).
all right till now, but as i tryed to do the "real world example" i ran into chaos...

ok, i built the rrd database, and i am familiar with SNMP, so it was no
problem to find the right oids for my router.

snmpget ...... => $in
snmpget ...... => $out

but when i try to update my newly created rrd database i get this error.

rrdtool update cisco.rrd N:$in:$out

ERROR: expected 2 data source readings (got 1) from N: ...

i`am shure there is someone who can help me...

btw.: i am searching for some examples or tutorials which describe how
to manage or to analyse a network with active devices (router, switch...)
using rrd and/or mrtg (rrd prefered) perhaps with the help of some perl scripts

Thanx beforehand
Frank