[rrd-users] Perl Modules Not Installing

MikeV at BeverlyCorp.com MikeV at BeverlyCorp.com
Thu Feb 22 20:56:52 MET 2001

Fellow Brothers,

I am making a continued effort to install the rrdtool-1.0.30 on my HP9000
10.20 box.

I seem to be able to get the rrdtool to function from command line tests.  I
have gone through the tutorial and produced the speed.gif.

However, I really wish to integrate the rrdtool with MRTG.  In order to
accomplish this the MRTG config files <myrouter.cfg> must have the
LogFormat: rrdtool, PathAdd: /usr/local/rrdtool/bin , and LibAdd:
/usr/local/rrdtool/lib/perl added to them.

Now that it appears that I am on the right track, let me explain my
delimina.
rrdtool-1.0.30 is configured using the following statement ; "sh configure
--enable-shared --with-tcllib=/usr/local/lib  --host=hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20"

No errors are produced by the configure process - at least none that are
obvious.
Once the make process begins, and it take a long time to complete, all
appears to be good.  The error message I receive at the end of the male
process is :
'LD_RUN_PATH="" ld -o blib/arch/auto/RRDs/RRDs.sl -b -s -a shared RRDs.o
-L../src/.libs/ -lrrd_private -lm
ld: Can't find library for -lrrd_private
make[2]: *** [blib/arch/auto/RRDs/RRDs.sl] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/mikev/rrdtool-1.0.30/perl-shared'
make[1]: *** [perl_shared] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/mikev/rrdtool-1.0.30'
make: *** [all-recursive]Error 1"

Any suggestions will be Greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Mike