[rrd-users] Re: Newbie "doesn't" need help with 14all.cgi

David Sawyer david.sawyer at uk.mckhboc.com
Fri Feb 23 16:52:27 MET 2001

I managed to solve to problem myself.

For those interested, the error was generated at line 104...
	$cfgfile = $1 . '.cfg';

I took it as 14all.cgi couldn't locate my mrtg2.cfg file and after playing
with backslashes '\' in the filename I gave up on that idea (but thanks for
the pointer Alex).

Near the top of the code it reads...

	### where the mrtg.cfg file is
	# anywhere in the filespace
	$cfgfile = 'c:/mrtg-2.9.4/bin/mrtg2.cfg';
	# relative to the script
	#$cfgfile = 'mrtg.cfg';
	# use this so 14all.cgi gets the cfgfile name from the script name
	# (14all.cgi -> 14all.cfg)
	$cfgfile = '';

Now you promise not to laugh at me :-)

After defining...
$cfgfile = 'c:/mrtg-2.9.4/bin/mrtg2.cfg';

Notice the last line...
$cfgfile = '';

After commenting it out all is ok.

What a prat :-(

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and is intended
only for the named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient you
must not copy, distribute, or take any action or reliance on it.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender.
Any unauthorised disclosure of the information contained in this e-mail
is strictly prohibited.