[rrd-users] Annotating graphs with rules

Adam S Treister adam at treestar.com
Tue Feb 27 22:44:28 MET 2001

I'm graphing several metrics of server load in RRD, and there are a
couple of cosmetic additions I'd like to add.  Before I start in to
solve these the hard way, I thought I'd ask if there are easy ways to do
either of these:

1) I want to draw a HRULE at the average of the values.  Can I get the
average value of the time series drawn without having to dump all the
data and compute it myself?  (It seems likely that if I solve this one,
I'll want to draw lines at +/- one stdev too.)

2) Graphs over a duration of a year or more are somewhat hard to read.
Is there an easy way to draw a VRULE at year boundaries?

Thanks,

Adam

--
Adam Treister