[rrd-users] Re: Inconsistencies between graph and fetch

Philip Molter philip at datafoundry.net
Wed Feb 28 04:02:55 MET 2001

On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 01:04:37AM +0100, Alex van den Bogaerdt wrote:
: Fetch does show you the startout value.  This value however is
: describing the period of time that is not inside your query.
: This may be considered a bug or a feature, depending on how you
: look at it.

What I'm saying is its a bug.  If these discrete moments in time
are supposed to be taken not as discrete moments but rather as
representative of entire intervals (which I don't particularly have
a problem with), then the data retrieval methods should be consistent
in that representation.  It makes no sense to request the intervals
for a ten second time period and receive three "intervals" and then
request the average for that time period and find that it only
averages two of those "intervals".

I mean, RRD's confusing enough.

* Philip Molter
* DataFoundry.net