[rrd-users] Compile on HP-UX 10.20 help

Garrott, Brad M. garrottb at timken.com
Fri Jan 5 14:42:42 MET 2001

Hello everyone,

	After reviewing the archives, I have realized that I am not the only
one having a problem compiling rrdtools on my HP-UX 10.20 machine.  Has
anyone figured out a good way to make this compile work properly?  My error
message when I do a sh configure;make is as follows:
cc: +Onolimit: No such file or directory
cc: +z: No such file or directory
Initialization*:1: missing token-sequence in '#assert'

	Can anyone help me with this problem?

	When I try compiling rrdtools with this command my error message
changes: sh configure;make site-perl-install:
No rule to make target '../src/.libs/librrd_private.a'

	I have install gcc, gmake, and perl 5.6.0 from the HP-UX archives to
the machine.  Please if anyone has found a way to make rrdtools compile and
work on HP-UX 10.20, I could use the help.  We need rrdtools to coordinate
with perl to allow Big Brother to use it for graphs and html documents.

	Thanks in advance for the help,

Brad M. Garrott
Computer Programmer/Analyst
Global Information Services