[rrd-users] Re: Archives and missing data (NaN)

George Dau gedau at isa.mim.com.au
Sat Jan 6 05:18:22 MET 2001

Ok, so I should use xff for preventing NaN's to wipe out my consolidated
data. That will meen changing hundreds of rrds, as oposed to changing and
re-compiling one program. Still, I'll go with the xff.

Where is this set? I cant see it with rrdinfo. I can't see it if I rrddump
the data to xml and examine that.

If I dump an rrd, and then restore it, what is the xff set to?

rrdtune and rrdinfo don't mention xff. The only place I see it mentioned is
at create time. Do I have to create a new rrd and then load the data into
it? Will restore over-write the xff?

I am doing some testing, and will be able to answer these myself given time.
If anyone knows the answers though, please send them.

intended only for the use of the addressee(s).
If you receive this e-mail in error, any use, distribution or
copying of this e-mail is not permitted. You are requested to
forward unwanted e-mail and address any problems to the
MIM Holdings Limited Support Centre.

e-mail: supportcentre at mim.com.au
phone: Australia 1800500646