[rrd-users] Re: another newbie question

Philip Molter philip at datafoundry.net
Thu Jan 18 19:59:20 MET 2001

On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 02:55:44PM -0400, Matt Ashfield wrote:
:
: Hi All,
:
: New to rrdtool and starting to figure some stuff out...But I have a quick
: question, is it possible to create graphs that allow for a "drilling down"
: effect. So my users could click on an area of the graph and zoom in on areas
: of the graph?

Yes, it's possible.  I haven't seen it done, but it's possible.
All you have to do is map times to coordinates.  It'd be great,
actually, if v2.0 of RRD would actually return the data necessary
to do this.  But for now, you can calculate it from your height/width
of your graph and your time definitions.

* Philip Molter
* DataFoundry.net
* http://www.datafoundry.net/
* philip at datafoundry.net