[rrd-users] Format problem

Don Pierce don at esticker.com
Tue Jan 23 23:10:15 MET 2001

I am attempting to add a Comment to my memory graph
but am having problem with the display.

The following code:
my $LAT=`$HEAD -1 /usr/local/bbvar/logs/$host.cpu | $AWK -F'm:' '{print $2}'
| $AWK -F'MB' '{print $1}'`;
qq(COMMENT:Physical Memory = $LAT MegaBytes\1),

Plot looks like - Physical Memory =  Megabytes

But if I just do the following:

$LAT = 44;
qq(COMMENT:Physical Memory = $LAT MegaBytes\1),

Plot looks like - Physical Memory =  44 Megabytes

What is wrong with my syntax in the first example.
I know the $HEAD ....   code works as I tried on the command line
and it returns a number between 128 and 1024.

Don