[rrd-users] bad format for [G]PRINT

Carlin, Jerry Jerry.Carlin at bankofamerica.com
Tue Jul 10 20:18:03 MEST 2001

Hi,

We've been using the Orca tool that uses the rrd perl module to graph
Solaris performance. I'm trying to move this to another machine.

After the move I'm seeing error messages of the form:
bad format for [G]PRINT in 'Available Swap Space  Current: %f'
bad format for [G]PRINT in 'hme0  Current: %f'

I tracked the error message down to rrd_graph.c:

   if (bad_format(im->gdes[i].format)) {
	rrd_set_error("bad format for [G]PRINT in '%s'", im->gdes[i].format);
   if (bad_format(im->gdes[i].format)) {
	rrd_set_error("bad format for [G]PRINT in '%s'", im->gdes[i].format);

but I'm lost from there. I tried upgrading to the latest version (1.0.33)
but that did not restore functionality.

Can anyone provide a pointer or give me an answer as to what a 'bad
format' means and what I can do about it?

Thanks,

jerry carlin