[rrd-users] my solution: distributed rrd files

rrd-users at gulu.net rrd-users at gulu.net
Fri Jun 1 07:11:11 MEST 2001

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 03:10:13PM +0200, rrd-users at gulu.net wrote:
> I have several machines collecting different rrd data.
>
> [...]

Thanks to everyone who answered my question.

As always, shortly after posting to the list my solution became obvious.
I already did create cgi files for my index pages who called rrdcgi,
so I just had to put some more code there:

$ cat old
#!/usr/bin/rrdcgi
<HTML>
[...]
</HTML>
$ cat new
#!/bin/bash
mkdir -p /data2/router1
scp -p -q -B user at host1:/data/router1/{P10-1.rrd,G9-0.rrd,A4-2.rrd} \
 /data2/router1/
/usr/bin/rrdcgi - <<EOF
<HTML>
[...]
</HTML>
EOF
$

So this works fine, fast and smooth, please take my question as never asked.

Tobi: Please forget my feature request. ;)

Thanks again to all people who answered!

krd.