[rrd-users] Setting Up Time

HurricaneIndy at aol.com HurricaneIndy at aol.com
Sat Jun 9 08:18:03 MEST 2001

Ok guys,
A bit confused on this time thing. When filling the database up do you have
to use "epoch" time from 1970? I checked out the man page on rrdtool fetch
and it talked about how to specify AT-STYLE formatting. I would rather use
many of the other formats like 20010609 to specify date and time rather than
"epoch".
But according to the documentation it says this:

The time when the graph should begin. Time in seconds since epoch
(1970-01-01) is required.

Then it goes on to say other ways to specify time. So what exactly is
required?
Any information would greatly be appreciated....
Thanks....

Indy