[rrd-users] Unable to create graphs using 14all.cgi

David Sawyer david.sawyer at uk.mckhboc.com
Wed Jun 20 12:20:05 MEST 2001

Instead of the graphs being created I get the following message.
"Error: Cannot create graph"

I get the directory listing at the start and I'm able to drill down to view
the day, week, month & year graphs view, but I get the above message instead
of the graphs.

I know the configs work as I am currently using the same configs for native
MRTG.

I have set up a main script called "RRDmain.cfg" that has include commands
pointing to my devices...

# <--- start of RRDmain.cfg --->
WorkDir: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\rrd

# START RDTOOL Add-ons -------------------------------------
# Modify Logfiles (*.log) to RRD format (*.rrd)
LogFormat: rrdtool
# RRD Executable (rrdtool.exe) location
PathAdd: c:\mrtg\rrdtool\perl-shared\t
# RRD Perl module (RRDs.pm) location
LibAdd: c:\mrtg\rrdtool\perl-shared
# STOP RDTOOL Add-ons -------------------------------------

Include: c:\mrtg\bin\warwick\war1.cfg
Include: c:\mrtg\bin\warwick\war2.cfg
etc, etc
Include: c:\mrtg\bin\newcastle\new1.cfg
Include: c:\mrtg\bin\newcastle\new2.cfg
etc, etc
# <--- end of RRDmain.cfg --->

It looks as thought 14all.cgi cannot locate the *.rrd files, but there are
no errors when running MRTG and the rrd files are being updated.

I can also create the graphs manually so that proves the configs and the rrd
files are ok.

TIA

David Sawyer
Need a Windows Daemon that allows you to change your MRTG/RRDtool scripts
without having to stop the 'Perl' process then visit
www.geocities.com/mrtg_daemon

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and is intended
only for the named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient you
must not copy, distribute, or take any action or reliance on it.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender.
Any unauthorised disclosure of the information contained in this e-mail
is strictly prohibited.