[rrd-users] Re: Graphing other resolutions....

Hamish Whittal hamish at QEDux.co.za
Fri Jun 22 14:53:43 MEST 2001

Hi All,

Hamish Whittal wrote:

> My RRA's are stored in a pretty standard way. 300 seconds, 1800 seconds,
> 86400 seconds, etc. When I come to graph this data, I seem only able to
> pull out the highest resolution from the RRD to graph. How do I go about
> pulling out the lower resolutions (like 1800 and 86400) and slapping
> these into a graph?

Ok, I did some reading of what Alex said to spamfilter about the graph
getting the 'best' resolution of data. I have managed to figure out most
of what he had to say, but I still don't understand the pixels thing. I
seem to get a stepped graph. This is not what I want, as it looks like
data points are plotted 'between' by real data points. Perhaps someone
would be kind enough to explain the finer points of the pixels in the
grapher.

Thanks in advance
Hamish