[rrd-users] Re: A really dorky question (installing RRDtool 101)

Mike Jackson jacksonm at ssh.com
Mon Jun 25 23:54:06 MEST 2001

Bud CTR Gordon wrote:

> Okay I have downloaded the file rrdtoo~1.gz and put it in my RRDtool folder, when I run gunzip the file I am left with a rrdtoo~1 how can I "sh configure" when there is no "configure"?  Forgive my ignorance obviously I am no UNIX admin.

Bud,
 You have obviously downloaded and saved the file with a windows system
and the filename has been truncated in the normal windows 8.3 fashion.
Before you unzip the file, rename it to rrdtool-1.033.tar.gz. Your next
command will be  tar xzvf rrdtool-1.0.33.tar.gz . You might want to look
into a beginners unix manual as well.

Regards,
Mike