[rrd-users] Larger varaible names

kevin.kress at comdev.cc kevin.kress at comdev.cc
Thu Jun 28 20:29:29 MEST 2001

I would like to increase the size of the variable names allowable in the rrd
format to about 256 characters.  I have found what I think is the location of
the #defines that will increase the size of the variable names.  Before I
proceed I was hoping I could get some opinions on what problems this might
or if it will even work.

If it will not work can I get some insight as to why and what needs to be fixed.

the #defines I am looking at are in rrd_format.h:

#define DS_NAM_FMT    "%19[a-zA-Z0-9_-]"
#define DS_NAM_SIZE   20

#define DST_FMT    "%19[A-Z]"
#define DST_SIZE   20

I am assuming that either both DS_NAME_* and DST_* need to be changed or just DS_NAM_FMT and DS_NAM_SIZE.

Again, input is greatly appreciated.

Kevin
--
Kevin Kress (Software Engineer)
COM DEV Wireless

GnuPG/PGP Key ID: 8A811ECC
Fingerprint     : D244 8D76 327D F7B8 DAE6  FF72 30F0 694B 8A81 1ECC