[rrd-users] Re: Can RRD use anything other than time as its X-axis?

Clifton Royston cliftonr at lava.net
Mon Mar 5 19:13:19 MET 2001

On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 07:10:31AM -0600, Glenn Forbes Fleming Larratt wrote:

> Subject says all - if I wanted to graph, say, lines of code vs. RCS revision,
> without respect to the timestampe applied, can I use something other than
> time as the x-axis in an RRD?

I was going to say "NO"; but actually, I suppose the answer is:

  You can store anything you can translate into a numeric range which
  looks like UNIX epoch time: > 0, monotonically increasing, etc.

However you can only graph it as times.

  -- Clifton

 Clifton Royston  --  LavaNet Systems Architect --  cliftonr at lava.net
   WWJD?   "JWRTFM!" - Scott Dorsey (kludge)   "JWG" - Eddie Aikau