[rrd-users] GPRINT & CGI

Dan McGinn-Combs d.mcginn-combs at mindspring.com
Mon Mar 5 20:31:54 MET 2001

I am a bit confused about the values used for GPRINT and PRINT. Since there
is a "cf" involved, I expected that they would be a calculated value, say an
average. I would like to consolidate the average mail delivery time for
three locations and consolidate them into a single number (the current
average mail delivery time for that location - UK for instance). Given that
is my goal, is this the right way to get that number?

DEF:STDTime=STD.rrd:Elapsed:AVERAGE
DEF:HWYTime=HWY.rrd:Elapsed:AVERAGE
DEF:BRSTime=BRS.rrd:Elapsed:AVERAGE
CDEF:UKAvg=STDTime, HWYTime, BRSTime,3,/
GPRINT:UKAvg:AVERAGE:"Average Time \: %3.0lf"

By the way, I highly recommend the CDEFTUTORIAL that comes with the
distribution. It has *almost* all the answers. :-)

The second question is regarding the CGI functions. I would like to provide
a map for my uses. When they roll their mouse across the UK or Europe or New
Zealand, I would like the tooltip to show the Gprint calculated above. So
the question is, how do I get that information from RRDTool and onto my html
page dynamically, preferably as mouseover fires, but alternatively whenever
they load/refresh the index.html page.

Dan

Dan McGinn-Combs
d.mcginn-combs at mindspring.com