[rrd-users] Re: [rrd-developers] Image clipping/stacking wanted in 1.1.x (Was: "Re:

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Tue Mar 6 00:22:53 MET 2001

Yesterday Jakob Ilves wrote:

 | I know all this can be done with rrdtool 1.0.x if bolting on something similar to
 | ImageMagick but building ImageMagick seem to be non-trivial to say the least and also,
 | it has some performance hits (memory and CPU-wise) compared to get the clipping done by
 | rrdtool's graph generator.
[...]

 | > Interesting.  How should the user interface look?  Read the bottom
 | > paragraphs first before you answer this as it might be sufficient.
 |
 | The user interface, especially if multiple tiled graphs are considered for one single
 | image, is definitively an open topic.  I still vote for some kind of script language.

I already talked to alex about this ... my vision is that we might
use some xml style language to setup the graph ... if we use svg
for describing the graph, we need libxml anyways and would thus
have the parser at hand ... at the moment I am not all to happy
with the excessive command line language of rrdtool graph

cheers
tobi

--
/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker, Timelord & SysMgr @ EE-Dept ETH-Zurich