[rrd-users] Re: extending RRAs... scripts? suggestions?

Dave Plonka plonka at doit.wisc.edu
Tue Mar 6 23:54:18 MET 2001

On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 11:33:07PM +0100, Tobias Oetiker wrote:

> Today Dave Plonka wrote:
>
>  | I'm interested in extending my RRAs.  Basically I've got lots of ".rrd"
>  | files that were created nearly 2 years ago, e.g.:
<snip>
>  | and real soon now they will begin to lose old daily AVERAGE and MAX
>  | values.  I guess I just ned to be able to extend those daily RRAs to
>  | perhaps 5 years so I get some breating room.
>  | Anyone have a script around to do this?
<snip>

> how about rrdtool resize ?

Awesome!  My only excuse is that I probably haven't read the rrdtool
docs front-to-back since rrdtool-0.99.20 or something.

I looked in my archive of the list but I searched for postings where
someone asked how to to *extend* (rather than resize) their RRAs.

Thanks,
Dave

--
plonka at doit.wisc.edu  http://net.doit.wisc.edu/~plonka  ARS:N9HZF  Madison, WI