[rrd-users] Graphing local network traffic.

Nemo nemo at circinus.com
Mon Mar 19 01:52:33 MET 2001

Hello all.

This might be a little off-topic.  I want to graph my network traffic
usage on my own host, i.e.  on local NIC.  Is there a way to get numbers
from the NIC on the local host.  Say I have a Sun Ultra 5 at a datacenter
and they do not provide network graphs and I want to see how much traffic
goes to and from this box, do I need to run snmpd as a daemon and then run
snmpget to the localhost?  It all seems overly complex if I want to do it
on the same box.  And gotta be a simpler way then cricket or mrtg?  I
don't need very complex stuff just one graph, which I know how to do with
rrd.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

nemo at circinus.com