[rrd-users] Out of Bounds!

Dan McGinn-Combs d.mcginn-combs at mindspring.com
Mon Mar 19 15:49:36 MET 2001

I have an application running which shows the amount of seconds it takes for
mail to arrive. The problem is that over the weekend, there was a glitch in
our DNS/MX records and the darned thing took over 20K seconds to deliver
some mail. I know that because the application worked (whoopie!).

My question is that now, I have a number of spikes and the rest of the graph
is hidden from view. So the only thing my management is going to be able to
focus on is the one weekend mistake, not the 360 days of delivery in 20
seconds or less.

Any way to tell RRDTool to not show things above a certain amount? Or is
that cheating?

Dan

Dan McGinn-Combs
d.mcginn-combs at mindspring.com